5 Important numbers from the Facebook Groups launch
Facebook announced a new feature to encourage more interactions between users in an environment of fewer people. The feature confusingly labeled Groups lets users have a shared space, group chat and group email address to allow for closer conversation and maybe even feature collaboration. Detailed coverage of the feature can be found at the usual sources.
There however numbers and statistics thrown about throughout the conference by various speakers, I’ve listed 5 of them which I think should be information worthy.
- Only 5% of Facebook users make lists, most of them don’t make more than 1 list
- 95% of Facebook users have a photo of them that they’ve let other users tag
- Facebook is available to 98% of users in their native language!
- Mark Zuckerberg expects the new Groups feature to cover 80% of Facebook users over time!
- The new Groups is designed and optimized for small groups, ideally up to 250 members!